Cane Payment Information
The schemes encourage growers to deliver cane regularly throughout the crushing season without loss of income due to cane maturity being outside of the peak sugar content.
The scheme compensates cane growers for delivering cane at the beginning and end of the crushing season (outside Peak Sugar). Such schemes are a feature of cane payment systems in Australia, Jamaica, Mauritius and South Africa.
The adoption of a quality based cane Payment system for the Fijian Sugar industry will deliver the following benefits:
- Improved Grower/Grower equity.
- Better utilization of milling capacity.
- Group harvesting possible without Grower/Grower equity issues.
- Potential for expansion of crop size within a mill area or across the group.
- Potential for extended season lengths.
Types Of Cane Payment
|Types Of Cane Payment||2014||2015||2016||2017||2018|
Schedule of Cane Delivery Cut-off
2018 Season -All Mills
|Delivery Cut-off||Harvesting PMT||Cane Payment|
*To be confirmed.